The Pilbara Echo is proud to be a local paper, for locals by locals. We just love everything local. Which is why we are launching our “Shop Local” campaign – to raise awareness of all the local businesses in the region and why it is better to shop local. Because it is.
We’ve all had bad experiences of shopping out of town; ordering things from the internet and not being able to return them; products turning up faulty, broken or not turning up at all and you’re given no support or assistance. Just an automated voicemail.
When you buy local you are dealing with people, you have extra security and reassurance in your purchase, if something doesn’t go as planned you are safe in the knowledge that you can pop back in to Centro and speak to George and he’ll fix everything for you there and then. Or if that dress isn’t quite right then Carly will help you find one that’s better. Or you know Brett will sort out that funny noise in your engine you’ve been meaning to get checked out forever. The personal touch really does go a long way.
We want to hear your experiences of buying local – sing the praises of some unsung heroes in town; or spill the beans on a bad experience you had when you made the mistake of not buying local.
Leave your comments and we will select a few each week to run in the Pilbara Echo in March during our Buy Local campaign.
How to show your support
If you are a local business
- Download our Buy Local media kit and book your inclusion in the Pilbara Echo local spread.
- Put up Buy Local posters at your work place
- Put a Buy Local sticker in your business window
- Share your experiences of buying local and what happened when you didn’t
- Put up a Buy Local poster in your house
- Put a Buy Local sticker in your window
- Tell your family and friends to put up posters and show their support
- And most importantly…make sure you Buy Local!
Posters, stickers and other Buy Local materials are available from the Pilbara Echo office. Pop in to see us at Shop 2 Hedland Place, or call Bella on 9185 5570.